Friday, November 12, 2010

My Long term Project

Hello Mrs. P I would like to propose something for our "student chosen project". I took the idea from my blog Title... "nobody can go back to the past and start a new beginning, but anybody can start now and make a new ending". My start now and new ending is about letting people know about the importance of the rainforest and to control/minimize logging . So I would like to create a little patch of rainforest somewhere in the school grounds. I have a few strong contacts through my brother and father to do this.

My brother is an environmentalist and is studying for his PHD in environmental science right now. My Aunt, Tun Jeanne is the chairman of "Landscape Malaysia". A close family friend, James has a large collection of rare rainforest trees that he grows from seeds into saplings and then gives to people.

We would get the saplings from James and plant them easily somewhere in the school. I might be able to get The ex prime minister Pak Lah to come and launch this project with his wife, my aunt Tun Jeanne and we could get the trees nurtured and growing with the help of the students.

This will be a "hand me down" project from this 7th grade to the next 7th graders and so on and on and on (rainforests lasts millions of years)...... We have to take care of our little rainforest and clean it up. Finally we will have a large signboard about what the rainforest does to help the atmosphere and us (eg. gives us oxygen to breathe, remove CO2 from the atmosphere, food for birds and animals, contribute to biodiversity, etc etc).

I hope that in planning for the new School they will plan for more space so that we can relocate our little rainforest to the new school and plant more trees there.

This is my Idea I hope You Like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment